Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Topic, First Post.

Go down 
+2
Adman
Mindesyn
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mindesyn
Lost Cause
Lost Cause
Mindesyn

First Topic, First Post. Empty
PostSubject: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 8:05 pm

AND ITS MINE!
Back to top Go down
http://www.byronicgaming.blogspot.ca/
Adman
McDudes
Adman

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 8:07 pm

K
Back to top Go down
https://losthaven.forumotion.com
flashman
The Time Keeper
flashman

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Way to corinate the new board lol

Is there an edit timer or can we edit out messages whenever we want.
Back to top Go down
Adman
McDudes
Adman

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:47 pm

flashman wrote:

You can edit whenever iirc.
Back to top Go down
flashman
The Time Keeper
flashman

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:49 pm

Admin wrote:
flashman wrote:

You can edit whenever iirc.

Thanks! This makes lists so much easier to manage ^_^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:45 pm

So now we just gotta get people off faqs and over here; I like what you guys have done w/the place. Don't get me wrong, I like faqs allright, but here we can talk about other stuff too without worry over being modded.

Is that the direction you guys were planning to take this, or did you want it to be more just a challenge site?

I'm going to hit TCONs GFaqs board and advertise, less you all beat me to it, lol. Also going to put something in my faqs signature.
Back to top Go down
flashman
The Time Keeper
flashman

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:50 pm

Mossy wrote:
So now we just gotta get people off faqs and over here; I like what you guys have done w/the place. Don't get me wrong, I like faqs allright, but here we can talk about other stuff too without worry over being modded.

Is that the direction you guys were planning to take this, or did you want it to be more just a challenge site?

I'm going to hit TCONs GFaqs board and advertise, less you all beat me to it, lol. Also going to put something in my faqs signature.
Good idea man, I'll change my sig too ^_^
I'm hoping this site take over GFaqs, until they get their redesign down. This place is just so much nicer.

Oh, and you should set up a L*O recruitment thread.
Back to top Go down
Adman
McDudes
Adman

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:00 pm

Mossy wrote:

The original idea was for a challange site, although I could add social sections if you guys want.
Back to top Go down
Samu5
Lost Cause
Lost Cause
Samu5

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Mossy wrote:

Pretty much a challenge board, but we'd just be better off changing forums imo.
Back to top Go down
http://wix.com/c2samu5/conduit2

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Yeah, I think a social feature would be nice. We have just one hurdle, really. When you mix TCON boards and C2 boards you run the risk of getting Portal.

Now don't misunderstand, Portal had some nice folks...but the TCON>C2/C2>TCON troll-offs was just maddening. There where some good discussions that came from that creative destruction of sorts...people bringing their beat arguments to the table. If done in a respectful way it's sorta neat...But the immaturity on that board had a tendency to speak the loudest and most often...most of the time with nothing but childish digs.

"you have no skill so you like C2"

"you can't adapt so you like TCON"

similar garbage.

We do have a couple of advantages over Portal though...for one the salt in the wound is no longer so fresh, some of those TCON fans who just don't like C2 were upset and rightfully so. They didn't get the game they wanted. You can't argue feelings and taste. However, some people loved it and defended it. Maybe since the games are older we can count on the split fanbase acting older/mature too.

Another thing is C2 isn't so new anymore...competition is greater so that simpleness many TCON fans resented in the noob population isn't so widespread anymore; especially on a challenge board. This board might even help them find a new found appreciation for the game. Also with C2 being older, opinions are more refined about it. We can have more informed debates about pros and cons.

Finally, the number of people who enjoy both games are more focused than it ever was on Portal. There are things to enjoy with both games for sure, and from the beginning going in the community won't be as fractured.

If we do go this route though...we'll have to be careful and unfortunately take action if trolls break out. It could be work....or maybe not. I think it's worth taking the chance though
Back to top Go down
Mindesyn
Lost Cause
Lost Cause
Mindesyn

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 9:52 pm

If trolls break out. We have a pretty iron fisted Admin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Mindesyn wrote:

Jaye, do you have room to add your Gfaqs sign banner to your Lost Cause sign banner. That would be bad as hell.You'de have the whole alien army thing going.

Lol, that Lost Cause banner reminds me of TCONs Jefferson Memorial fight. That's when I first started playing FPS with Wii mote and it damn near was a lost cause...maddening!

You should see if for this boards first clan war, your guys could field out in Drudge skins ( what you pointed out in that Gfaqs thread is spot on accurate.)

Hell I'll ask the peeps in L*O if they would mind wearing trust suits....it's just too bad we don't have agents and scientists for B. and his B0$S crew with their human weapons.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 1:10 am

Mossy wrote:
Mindesyn wrote:

Jaye, do you have room to add your Gfaqs sign banner to your Lost Cause sign banner. That would be bad as hell.You'de have the whole alien army thing going.

Lol, that Lost Cause banner reminds me of TCONs Jefferson Memorial fight. That's when I first started playing FPS with Wii mote and it damn near was a lost cause...maddening!

You should see if for this boards first clan war, your guys could field out in Drudge skins ( what you pointed out in that Gfaqs thread is spot on accurate.)

Hell I'll ask the peeps in L*O if they would mind wearing trust suits....it's just too bad we don't have agents and scientists for B. and his B0$S crew with their human weapons.

I could get B05S to wear Destroyer suits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 1:42 pm

Does anyone know what happened to Zeno's thread? I can't find it on Gfaqs. Was it deleted?
Back to top Go down
Mindesyn
Lost Cause
Lost Cause
Mindesyn

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:32 pm

No comment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:47 pm

Mindesyn wrote:
No comment.

Question
Back to top Go down
AndyInTheUK
Lost Cause
Lost Cause
AndyInTheUK

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:45 am

Ok Im here now, already got lost several times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:51 pm

What do you guys think of the picture in my sig? Smile
Back to top Go down
flashman
The Time Keeper
flashman

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:55 pm

B05S^Brennan wrote:
lol, cute
All the wonders this new forum affords us eh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:07 pm

flashman wrote:
B05S^Brennan wrote:
lol, cute
All the wonders this new forum affords us eh

It's not cute, it's badass! That's a picture of me you know! Mad
Back to top Go down
AndyInTheUK
Lost Cause
Lost Cause
AndyInTheUK

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:34 pm

To be totally honest with you Brennan, your Sig Pic looks very much like one of my dogs after Ive given her a haircut, her ears are HUGE!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:47 pm

AndyInTheUK wrote:
To be totally honest with you Brennan, your Sig Pic looks very much like one of my dogs after Ive given her a haircut, her ears are HUGE!!

Believe it or not, that's actually a Fox. A Fennec Fox.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fennec_fox

Is your Dog a Chihuahua?
Back to top Go down
Samu5
Lost Cause
Lost Cause
Samu5

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 10:57 pm

I iz Santa santa

Ho, ho, ho!
Back to top Go down
http://wix.com/c2samu5/conduit2

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:03 am

Samu5 wrote:
I iz Santa santa

Ho, ho, ho!

Suspect
Back to top Go down
flashman
The Time Keeper
flashman

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:42 am

B05S^Brennan wrote:
Samu5 wrote:
I iz Santa santa

Ho, ho, ho!

Suspect
lol, and yet another alt is made ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Topic, First Post.   First Topic, First Post. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Topic, First Post.
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next